We went to
First of all the kids and I got a really bad head cold the day we went up, so none of us felt very well. We set up camp the first day and despite stuffy noses and pressure in our heads we had a nice time. Then night came….and everyone awoke to Audreys hysterical crys. She had awoken and did not know where she was or who she was with. Anyone who heard her could tell you that they had no idea a 7 month old baby could scream with such volume and hysteria. (think 1970s teenage horror flick) She was sooo scared. After about 15 minutes she calmed down and went back to sleep. Brandon and I however, did not. We were kept awake by a combination of things. Dads snoring, lightning, not daring to budge for fear of waking Audrey again, the boys waking every hour crying because they couldn’t breathe through their stuffy noses, oh yah and my own raging sore throat and inability to breathe. Needless to say, I prayed for the night to end as quickly as possible.
The next morning I woke to the most swollen eyes I have ever had but some of the best blueberry pancakes I’ve ever had. We began another day in the woods, and the kids were having a great time riding 4 wheelers and playing with their cousins. The whole trip got turned upside down with the annual 4 wheeler ride up to skyline drive. Uncle John, his kids, K.C. and dad drove up and when they were at the top, Uncle John had an accident with his 4 wheeler. No one saw for sure what happened, but somehow the 4 wheeler rolled. There were some tense moments and my dad raced down the mountain to call for a helicopter to come rescue John. He ended up breaking his collarbone, 5 ribs, and puncturing a lung. He is resting at the hospital, but I’m sure there is gonna be a painful road to recovery, and we are all praying for it to be speedy and without complication. Our prayers are with John and his family.
Audrey in her sleeping bag. Soooo Cute!
3 comments:
sorry I forgot to take your picture in that little cabin! Its such a cool spot. Maybe next year...
Oh that is so cute,, sure wish I could have been there to take the pic with you in it too in the old barn,, I see that jack did the peace thing that carter taught him and how cute it ty ty with his hands on his legs,, and audrey is too delightful,, of course brandon looks great as the dad of 3 mountain kids.
you are so brave to go camping! i haven't faced that demon yet and don't know if i want to!
Post a Comment